Envision Healthcare Is Requiring Vaccinations for All Employees to Combat COVID-19, Protect Communities
Envision Healthcare announced that its full workforce will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, consistent with the group’s mission to care deeply for teammates, patients and community members across the country and keep them safe.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Envision Healthcare, a leading national medical group, announced today that its full workforce will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, consistent with the group’s mission to care deeply for teammates, patients and community members across the country and keep them safe. Envision’s physicians, advanced practice providers and clinical support teammates — more than 30,000 in all — must be fully vaccinated by November 1, 2021. There will be certain exceptions for some individuals.
“The health and well-being of our teammates and patients is our top priority,” said Jim Rechtin, President and Chief Executive Officer of Envision Healthcare. “As a national medical group, we care for millions of patients, and they trust us to provide the highest quality of care and do everything in our power to ensure their health and safety. We have a responsibility to look after our communities and continue leading by example in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 and preventing our neighbors from being impacted by this deadly virus. To keep our teammates and patients safe, we’re all getting vaccinated and encouraging our loved ones to do the same.”
“The science is clear. Vaccination is the best line of defense against COVID-19,” said Chan Chuang, MD, FCCP, FACP, Chief Medical Officer of Envision healthcare. “The vaccines have been proven safe and effective at reducing the risk of severe illness and giving people a greater chance at fighting the virus. According to the American Medical Association, more than 96 percent of physicians in the U.S. have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is an additional step we can each take to best protect our communities and save lives.”
Envision’s 25,000 clinicians care for more than 32 million patients a year and continue to be there for patients when and where they need care the most. Since the start of the pandemic, the medical group has treated about 10 percent of all COVID-19 patients and taken numerous actions to protect clinicians and patients, including:
- Developing clinical best practices to care for COVID-19 patients
- Securing more than 10 million items of personal protective equipment (PPE) for clinicians and hospital partners
- Deploying clinicians to communities hit hardest, which has included teams of more than 500 clinicians that traveled to Arizona, Florida, Kentucky, New York, Texas and Florida
- Expanding and accelerating virtual health visits to protect and care for patients
- Working to mitigate the spread of the virus by educating the public and providing COVID-19 testing and vaccines to clinicians, first responders and community members
- Donating PPE and ventilators and preparing to treat patients at its ambulatory surgery centers when hospitals experience surges
- Enhancing the medical group’s wellness program with free online therapy, peer-to-peer support and intensive professional coaching to care for the clinicians who care for America
- Continuing to foster the capabilities of and strongly encouraging its clinical support teams to work remotely for the time being
Envision believes that everybody plays a role in caring for and protecting one another.
About Envision Healthcare Corporation
Envision Healthcare Corporation is a leading national medical group that delivers physician and advanced practice provider services, primarily in the areas of emergency and hospitalist medicine, anesthesiology, radiology/teleradiology, and neonatology to more than 1,800 clinical departments in healthcare facilities in 45 states and the District of Columbia. Post-acute care is delivered through an array of clinical professionals and integrated technologies which, when combined, contribute to efficient and effective population health management strategies. As a leader in ambulatory surgical care, AMSURG holds ownership in more than 250 surgery centers in 34 states and the District of Columbia, with medical specialties ranging from gastroenterology to ophthalmology and orthopaedics. In total, the medical group offers a differentiated suite of clinical solutions on a national scale with a local understanding of our communities, creating value for health systems, payers, providers, and patients. For additional information, visit www.envisionhealth.com.