2021 Mental Health Awareness Month Roundtable
Envision acknowledges the stigma associated with mental health in the medical field and are dedicated to striking it out to support our teammates’ mental health
As we recognize Mental Health Awareness Month throughout the month of May, Envision acknowledges the stigma associated with mental health well-being in our society and in the medical field. That’s why we are dedicated to striking out stigma (#strikeoutstigma) and supporting our teammates’ mental health. Our clinicians dedicate their lives to taking care of patients but may hit roadblocks to receiving the same support in caring for their own mental health. Through advocacy at the state and national level to address medical board and credentialing questions and through sharing personal stories, we are committed to helping lower the barriers to care.
Stefanie Simmons, MD, FACEP, VP of Clinician Engagement at Envision, recently led a dynamic roundtable of our clinicians and advocacy experts in a discussion about striking out stigma within the medical field. Joining her to explore how the past year of providing care during a pandemic impacted their lives were:
- Ian Kallmeyer, MD, FASA, SVP Anesthesiology & President, Valley Anesthesia and Pain Consultants
- Hope Ring, MD, Emergency Medicine, Program Director, St. Mary Mercy Hospital
- Mara Windsor, DO, Emergency Medicine, Clinical Assistant Professor and Chief Wellness Officer, HonorHealth JCL
- Patrick Velliky, VP Government Affairs
Envision has taken comprehensive actions during the past year to enhance the wellness resources we provide clinicians, including peer-to-peer support, leadership training and universal counseling and therapy resources. Our wellness programs include resources tailored to fit the needs of our 25,000 clinicians and the unique stressors of the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
Coaching and stress management support to help navigate the challenges of COVID-19
- Peer-to-peer support and outreach programs to provide individualized support for clinicians
- Unlimited private and confidential messaging (text, voice, video) and video appointment services with a private therapist through TalkSpace, a global leader in telebehavioral health
- Video conference calls led by trained experts for clinicians and their families that focus on community support
- Targeted counseling and follow-up sessions for clinicians who have elected to travel to COVID-19 hot spots to help them debrief and prepare for reintegration back home
Please join us on social media to #strikeoutstigma and advocate for public policy changes to reduce stigmas around mental health and promote the study of professional well-being.